PDA

View Full Version : correct IP and/or DNS settings

dizid
May 20th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Hi,

I think the DNS servers from Hostek are: ns1.hostek.com and ns2
But, my domain name registrar ask for IP adresses of name servers.

Do ui have to change my A-record at my current registrar?
My domain name is google4games.com how do i 'forward' this domain name at my current registrar to the site at hostek?

I have done these kind of things dozens of time, but it never stops confusing me :)

Thank you.

chrisd
May 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Dizid,

You will need to update the name servers for your domain to point to "ns1.hostek.com and ns2.hostek.com", once these propagate the DNS for your domain will be set on our end within your control panel. If your registrar requires the IP's for the name servers these are listed below.
NS1.HOSTEK.COM

NS2.HOSTEK.COM

If you are needing to update the A records for your domain to point to the IP for your hosting domain on our server please access your Mocha Panel at "http://wcp.hostek.com" and click on Site Settings for this IP address.

JinaRi
July 9th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Is it possible to use custom NS (for example ns1.domain.com) on your hosting platform?

chrisd
July 9th, 2013, 07:03 AM
JinaRi,

Yes you can use custom name servers with our hosting packages, please review the information in our Wiki regarding name servers at the link below.
https://wiki.hostek.com/Custom_Name_Servers#Creating_Custom_Name_Servers_a t_other_registers_-_Video_Tutorials

dizid
January 16th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Finally changed the A-record at my domainnamehost (strato.nl) to point to 64.37.66.145

The strange thing is, at this hosting company i can only configure 1 name server, not 2.

I changed it weeks ago, but still can't reacht google4games.com

what can i try next to get it working?

chrisd
January 16th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Dizid,

So we can further assist with this issue please submit a support ticket regarding this at "support.hostek.com", please provide the name of the name servers for "strato.nl" that you are trying to point to "64.37.66.145" so we can review these. If you are simply needing the domain "strato.nl" to point to the same site as "google4games.com" you would need to update the "A" record for "strato.nl" to point to the same IP that "google4games.com" is resolving to and add "strato.nl" as a domain alias within your "google4games.com" control panel.