Thread: SSL Certificates

Default SSL Certificates

I just signed up for a new account (TheInformedAgent.com) with Hostek and I plan on getting a SSL certificate for it. I will be moving another domain (travwala.com) over in the next couple of weeks. Looking through the forums, it looks like that account will have to be set up separately if I plan on having a SSL certificate for it? Am I correct on that as it looks like the new domain would be an add-on and Hostek doesn't support SSL certificates for add-ons?

Hello,

This is a good question. It depends upon the platform that the site is hosted on. This is due to the way the control panels work. If you are hosted on Linux using Cpanel, then SSL is not supported for add-on domains. Cpanel does not support this. However, if you are hosted on a Windows platform then you can have SSL with Add-On domains. WCP does support this.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the information. I'm on Windows so it looks like I will be good to go.

Will it be possible to change the primary domain that I have now and make the current domain one of the add-ons?

Quote Originally Posted by travwala View Post
    Thanks so much for the information. I'm on Windows so it looks like I will be good to go.

Will it be possible to change the primary domain that I have now and make the current domain one of the add-ons?
    Yes this is possible. Please submit a support ticket at https://support.hostek.com and our support team can get this done for you.

Thanks so much for the fast and attentive response Brent. It really makes me feel that I've made the right choice in selecting your company for my hosting and making the move for all of my current business over to your company. I look forward to many years of being with your company!