Thread: Mac - How to use Filezilla FTP Tutorial

Default Mac - How to use Filezilla FTP Tutorial

If you use Filezilla FTP on your Mac, we've created a video tutorial on using this software with your Hostek account:

How To Use Filezilla for Mac

Filezilla is a free FTP client for Mac, Linux, and Windows available at filezilla-project.org.
    Last edited by jakeh; January 5th, 2010 at 05:11 PM.

valehn Guest

Default Help I deleted my local disk

Hi everyone,
    I made a stupid move while transferring my files to Filezilla for my website. Actually, I deleted the left colon of Filezilla. I thought I was refreshing, cause the transfer didn't work, there were errors so I wanted to do it again. I didn't know that the left colon was My LOCAL DISK.
    That means, I lost everything in my computer, no more documents, no pictures, no applications and no Time Machine (which was an external disk though).
    I am dead, I don't know what to do. I lost everything. Is there any way to restore my Imac?
    Please Please....

Val

Val,

You might check to see if there in the trash bin, if not you would have to restore them form any backups you have take for your computer.

-Cameron

ianmalkovich Guest

Default Filezilla for MAC - opening the .php files

Hello everyone.

Thanks for the guidance on here but I can't get past a problem I am experiencing with Filezilla.

I recently switched to iMac from my old PC. Now, when I open the .php files to edit them, they show as plain text and not editable HTML code. I do not know how to open them to edit them. All of the online tutorials skip over this section.

This is a problem for me and I just can't work it out.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Ianmalkovich.

Hi,

It appears when you edit a file in FileZilla it is opening the file in TextEdit, which is the default text editor for OS X. What you'll want to do is have FileZilla open the file with a different editor such as TextWrangler. TextWrangler is a free program available here.

Once you've downloaded and installed TextWrangler, you can set it as FileZilla's default editor within the Preferences menu for FileZilla. To do this, open FileZilla then click the "FileZilla" menu item and click "Preferences". In the window that appears, click the "File Editing" link on the left-hand menu. Here you can select the option to "Use custom editor" and click the "Browse" button to locate TextWrangler in your Applications folder. Once you've done that, click the OK button to save your changes.

Now when you edit files in FileZilla it should open them in TextWrangler and show syntax highlighting for languages such as PHP.