Thread: Plans, Packages, and Domains - Helm

Default Plans, Packages, and Domains - Helm

Setting up an additional reseller domain for the first time can be a bit confusing. Once you understand how plans and packages work, though, it is much simpler.

When adding domains to your Helm Reseller Account, you need to create a plan template first, which assigns the resources. Choose the HTWRU or HTCFRU (or Hostek (Windows or ColdFusion) Reseller Unlimited) default plan. Next create the plan for your customers; plans describe the resources available for a hosted domain. When creating your plan, use a generic name that describes it, such as "My CF Plan", or "My Windows Plan."

Once you set up a plan, you can create packages that use that plan. It is best to create a customer account first, then create the package under the customer account. It is a good idea to name your package after the domain name that will use it. Once you've created a package, you can add the domain to that package.

For more information on using your Helm Reseller Account, take a look at our video tutorials for our Windows and ColdFusion hosting resellers .
    Last edited by jakeh; May 4th, 2010 at 11:56 PM.

Default FTP and Browsing the site before DNS propagation

Some customers ask:

Q: "What FTP password should I use for newly created domains"
    A: If you create the domain in your reseller account, NOT under a user but directly in your account it will have the password for your helm login. If you created the domain under a customer it will take on the password of the customer. In most cases the full domain name is the username.

Q: "How can I FTP or Browse to a site created in my reseller account before it's pointed to hostek?"
    A: You can get the pre-propagation URL from the "Web Settings" section from within helm. This is the URL that can be used beforehand for both uploading and browsing the site.
    Jon Cavanaugh
    ColdFusion Systems Analysts
    Director of Business Development
    Linux Hosting | Christian Hosting | Railo Hosting

sohocivicapps Guest

Default How can my customers sign up?

How can my customers sign up, or do I have add them myself?

sohocivicapps,

As a reseller, you have to add them to your reseller account using HELM. Theres not a way for your clients to sign themselves up.

T-Soft Guest

Default enotialo two-

I was wondering if one of you guys could provide me with some insight. I have contact Customer Support inquiring on this and they tell me that Helm is no longer being used due to lack of documentation. If it is no longer being used then where else can I access my domain management?

Anyways, here's the scenario:
    -I'm trying to create a customer, then create a domain under that customer. If I create the customer and add the domain under them, none of the nameserver information ever gets populated.
    Refer to this link for the steps I took in creating the Plan, Customer, and Package. Customer Setup in Helm.pdf

*if I create the customer's domain right under my account then it gets populated.

I would like to have this work by creating a customer as it'd be nice to take advantage of Helm's billing and other maintenance features as I'd rather not have to develop my own.

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide.
    Last edited by T-Soft; August 27th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

T-Soft, Helm has stopped their support and we do have our custom control panel to replace it.
    Name servers for all domains on helm will default to ns5.hostek.com and ns6.hostek.com.

We recommend migrating you to our custom control panel to address your need, and the demo can be viewed here.
    You can integrate the new control panel to work with WHMCS to make billing automated and setting up domains easier.

To see information on integrating WHMCS please click here.

PS: If you submit a support ticket our support team we can help migrate you to our new hosting control panel.
    Last edited by CalebC; August 27th, 2011 at 05:31 PM.