Thread: Google Apps

andrewteg Guest

Default Google Apps

I am currently using Google Apps for my domain and want to get hosting for my site but continue to use Google Apps for email, docs, etc. Is this possible and would there be any downtime for my email where emails would be lost/bounced/etc ?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Before you update your nameservers to point to us you will want to update your DNS zone within your hosting control panel with the Google Apps settings. This will prevent any downtime for your email.

radjinimoore Guest

Default Google Apps

Thanks William I have that question in mind too.

Default How to use Google Apps mail servers with Hostek.com Web Hosting

Support for Google Apps, more specifically Google Mail is supported by changing the MX records for you're domain name in the DNS zone. While these terms may seem confusing simply stated letting the internet know that you prefer to use Google Mail as the primary mail source for my-domain-name.com. To use or continue using Google Mail or other Google Apps requiring custom DNS records, please follow this guide:

For a new domain (my-domain-name.com) not previously purchased:
    Choose a hosting plan that meets you're needs, and complete our standard order process.After receiving the email from Hostek.com, containing all the details for hosting including FTP, DNS, and the MOST IMPORTANT, login details for the control panel either our Windows Control Panel (WCP) or Cpanel Control Panel.

For domains previously purchased and pointing to another hosting provider:
    Before pointing you're domain name to the Hostek.com name servers complete all the steps explained here.

1. Login to the control panel.
    2. Locate the DNS feature/icon.
    3. Modify the DNS with the recommended settings from Google Apps.

See the Google Apps mail servers to Configure email delivery.
    Jon Cavanaugh
    ColdFusion Systems Analysts
    Director of Business Development
    Linux Hosting | Christian Hosting | Railo Hosting