Thread: Initial ColdFusion Reseller Hosting Question

Default Initial ColdFusion Reseller Hosting Question

Hello,
    I am looking at your ColdFusion reseller hosting option and had a question. Since this would be my initial creation of this account I was curious about the order of things. Namely, if I am going to register a new domain name (not using Hostek) and create a new ColdFusion reseller account with Hostek which needs to come first? My confusion lies with the email address that will be associated with the domain name registration. I would like to use the email address that will be associated with my new ColdFusion hosted account (but that has not been created yet).

Any other pointers you could give me for a first timer would be greatly appreciated. Basically, I am a ColdFusion developer and (of course) I have a couple friends asking me to build a website for them. If things go well, maybe I will build/host some others hence the reseller option.

Thanks for your help.
    - Miguel Fernandez

After you click on the order button the first page will give you 3 options (Register a Domain, Transfer a Domain or I will update an existing Domain) and ask you for a domain name. If you will be registering it somewhere else than you will choose the 3rd option. The domain that you use in this order is what will show up in your billing control panel and account information emails.

After the account is setup you will be given your control panel details and instructions on how you can add/modify/remove domains.

You will need to enter an email address that you have access to right now as that is where all of the account information emails will be sent to. After you get the other email address setup you can update the email address in the billing control panel.

Here is a link to our Demo of our ColdFusion control panel. Click Here

If you have any other questions you can chat with us on live chat or send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks for the quick reply. I think you are referring to the email address used to create the Hostek account, which is good information. However, I am asking about the email address used to register the new domain name. I want to create a new ColdFusion reseller account with Hostek and my first domain associated with that account has not been registered yet. I want the admin/technical contact email address of the new domain to be hosted with my new ColdFusion hosting account so which do I need to create first; the new domain or the new ColdFusion hosting account?

For example, say I want to register the testing123.com domain name. For the admin/technical contact email address (with the registrar) I want to use [email protected] which will eventually be hosted on my new ColdFusion hosting account with you guys (but it is not setup yet).

Does that make sense? Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps I need to do the same thing as your initial response. Use an existing email address to get it setup, then after the new email address is configured, reset the registrar information?
    - Miguel

Even if you order the hosting first and setup the email addresses, that email address will not work until you register the domain and point it to us.

As long as they allow you to have a valid email address to receive notifications from them before the new email address is working then there shouldn't be any problems going ahead and setting that as the admin/technical contact.

Yes you can also update the email address with the registrar at a later time as well.

Okay great. Thanks again for your help.