Thread: Emails disappearing from Deleted Items, Junk E-Mail, or Sent Items

Default Emails disappearing from Deleted Items, Junk E-Mail, or Sent Items

If you notice that emails disappear from 1 or all of these folders the most likely cause of this is a feature in smartermail called "Folder Auto-Clean".

You can set this up/adjust this on a domain level or you can manage it on an individual user(must have the box checked on the domain level for "Enable users to override auto-clean settings")

To manage this on the domain level you will need to log in as the mailadmin user. Go to Settings, expand Domain Settings, expand Filtering and click on Folder Auto-Clean.

You can leave it on Use default auto-clean settings or select Override auto-clean settings for this domain. You can click on the Folders tab and see what the current settings are. It should look something like this

Folder Type Settings
    Deleted Items Date Over 14 days old
    Junk E-Mail Date Over 7 days old
    Sent Items Date Over 30 days old

To adjust these you would have to choose the option to Override the settings and then you will need to add the rule with the settings you are wanting.

To set these options on the user level you will have to make sure the option is selected to allow users to override the settings and then you will log into that user and expand filtering under My Settings.

jessicapinkgirl Guest

Default Emails disappearing from Deleted Items Junk E Mail or Sent Items

Im subscribed to two forums, Mid-Atlantic and Private Owners Wheels and Tires, with daily email updates. Im not receiving any of these daily emails, there is nothing from this forum in my junk email either. I get other email from this forum but not my Forum Subscriptions.

Will someone look into this for me please?

Please submit a support ticket to "[email protected]" with all of the details (domain name, ect...) We would love to help you out with this. Thanks!

Hello,

As stated in the original post of this forum, please log into your mail account and check to see if "Auto Clean" is enabled for these two folders "Deleted items and Sent Items" by going to Settings, expand Domain Settings, expand Filtering and click on Folder Auto-Clean.

You can turn this feature off at this screen or set the Auto-Clean feature to not remove for a longer period of time. This would prevent these emails from being removed from your email account before you were ready for them to be removed.