Thread: Importing WordPress from GoDaddy

Default Importing WordPress from GoDaddy

I am moving my Windows hosted site from GoDaddy, including my WordPress blog. I'm not very familiar with WordPress, other than making posts. Can you please point me in the right direction to doing an import of WordPress?

The first step is to make sure you've copied your site's WordPress files into your account at Hostek.com. If you're on our Windows-based servers you'd place the site files in the "wwwroot" folder; if you're on a Linux-based server then you're upload your WordPress files to the "public_html" folder.

Once you have the files uploaded, you'll need to export a backup of your WordPress database at Godaddy.

In order to restore your database backup from Godaddy, you'll need to first create a database through your control panel. It helps to use the same database name, username, and password that is stored in your site's wp-config.php file.

Once you have your database created, you can log into it with phpMyAdmin in your control panel. Once in phpMyAdmin, follow the directions in this video to import your database backup file: Importing Databases and Tables with phpMyAdmin

Default Importing a later version of Word Press

Godaddy's version of Word Press is 3.3.1. The version at Hostek, on my server, is 3.0.3. Will this be an issue?

Thank you

Default WordPress version

I found the answer to my previous post. For the uninitiated, I logged into my WP admin page and was able to upgrade to the current version.

Our current version is 3.3.1 for WordPress. We will keep the version updated in the control panel. There may be a short lag time after the initial release of an update.