Thread: Changing web design programs

Default Changing web design programs

Hello All:
    We have been using Front page for a long time and would like to transition over to WordPress, is there a way to start this process as a sub site and when we have learned how to use and have built out new website change it over to our regular domain name? I know we cannot import the Front page site directly into WordPress, and I would like to be able to work with WordPress for a while and learn it while maintaining the older site. Is there a better way to do this? I am not at all familiar with WordPress so the learning curve will be rather sharp for me. Thanks for all that you at Hostek have done for us hosting our site. www.faithefcmoline.com

Hi,

To do this you'd first want to add a subdomain to your site to hold the Wordpress installation you plan to work on. You can add the subdomain (such as test.faithefcmoline.com) through your control panel at wcp.hostek.com.

Once the subdomain has been created, you can use the WordPress Instalation Wizard in the Applications section of your control panel to install WordPress into the folder you chose to house your subdomain.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply and answer, I will do this and work on a wordpress update to our site. I assume when I have learned how and am happy with the new site I can then reassign the subsite as the main site by a similar method?

Yes, all you would need to do is copy the content over from your Wordpress subdomain, into your main site folder.