Thread: Need to change FTP password

Default Need to change FTP password

I'm a novice first off. And my issue is someone hacked into my site in a big way. I need to change my FTP password immediately but can't figure out where in my cpanel. Can anyone direct me? Thanks! I'd be so grateful!

There is an "FTP Accounts" option in your web hosting control panel that you can use to update your passwords for your FTP users. If you have windows hosting you'll need to log in at http://wcp.hostek.com/ and then click "FTP Accounts". If you have Linux hosting you'll need to log in at yourdomainnamehere.com/cpanel (replacing yourdomainnamehere.com with your actual domain name) and then click "FTP Accounts".

Question

Thanks Caleb!

I still need help though. I don't know where to change it. One place is to add an FTP account and the other is an FTP account already existing but it doesn't seem to match what I have exactly and that confuses me. I know the hacker got into the www. files and the FTP account there says simplescripts@donnadelich.com /home/donnad.../public_html. That doesn't seem to be covering the whole site. I do have a password though. It was one given to me last time Hostek needed to go into my FTP account and I had not changed it since I didn't know how. Also I tried changing the "public_html" FTP account I just mentioned since it was the only thing I could see to change and it didn't do anything. I need serious help.

Donna

I have sent an email to you regarding this.