Thread: I ordered a SSL certificate with Hostek.com how long will it take before it is ready?

Default I ordered a SSL certificate with Hostek.com how long will it take before it is ready?

Information regarding our SSL products/orders listed in two sections below. They are split into two sections as the process is different depending on which SSL product you ordered.

1. If you ordered a SSL for one of the following products please read below.
    • Thawte - SSL123 Certificates
    • GeoTrust - QuickSSL Premium Certificate

You will need to check the following. If your e-mail is pointed to us then you do not need to do anything and the order should be complete within 12-24 hours . If the e-mail for your domain name is not pointed to us then you will need to create a e-mail user for one of the following listed below. The SSL approval e-mail will be sent to one of the following e-mail addresses below. In order to accept/approve the SSL you will need to have one of these created.

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

If you create one please e-mail us and let us know which one as soon as you create it. Once you have done this we will order the certificate and get it installed which can take 12-24 hours to complete.

2. If you ordered a SSL for one of the following products please read below.
    • GeoTrust - True Business ID with EV (Green Bar)
    • GeoTrust - True BusinessID Wildcard
    • VeriSign - Secure Site SSL
    • Verisign - SecureSite with EV (Green Bar)

Verisign or GeoTrust will contact you directly to go through the proof of identity/verification process. If you do not hear from them within 24-48 hours please contact us. It is important that the e-mail address and contact information used in the order is a direct contact within the company that the SSL is for. It has to be someone that is a direct contact for the company/business itself and not the web designer. If this is not set correctly then it will not pass the validation/verification stage. Once the order has completed the validation/verification process the SSL will be set up within 12-24 hours.
    Last edited by Nate; April 11th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

I have a reseller account with GeoTrust. Can I purchase the certificates and have you install them on your server for one of my domains? I would assume there is some fee for this

We can install third party certificates for you for any domains you have hosted with us. You can also install a third party SSL in your control panel. We have instructions for installing certificates in both WCP and cPanel in this wiki: https://wiki.hostek.com/SSL_Certificates