Thread: How to restore SQL Server Database

Default How to restore SQL Server Database

Hoping to make this thread reusable. I'm not finding straightforward answers on how to do this so lets make this thread work for everyone.

I'm using SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Studio and a simple restore isn't going to be possible without server privileges to the D drive etc. being a shared hosting environment so my question is, is there way to do this painlessly?

For resellers it appears you still have to create the database for the selected domain before you can have access. The server I'm leaving and coming over here from only provide bak files and won't allow me to generate scripts so what can I do?

Hi,

For database restores, you will need to first create the database as you mentioned then restore it with the myLittleBackup tool in your wcp.hostek.com control panel (in the SQL Tools section). Please note you may wish to follow the steps in this forum post before restoring your database: http://forum.hostek.com/showthread.p...MyLittleBackup

Also, myLittleBackup does not support databases with Full-Text catatlogs. If you need to restore such a database, please submit a support ticket to have our team restore the database for you (after you've created it in your control panel).