Thread: File Manager Client locked in loop

Exclamation File Manager Client locked in loop

I have a file that was renamed with an invalid name in a directory and now when I access that directory I can see the folders and files in the directory but can not access them. The file manager hangs in a loop. Can anyone tell me how to access this directory and remove or rename the file other than through the cPanel file manager?

Cool Solved

ok. Was able to go in through the legacy file manager and gain access.

You can use a FTP client to access the file structure instead of using cPanel's File Manager.

Unhappy Can't delete file

Now realise that while I can gain access to the file folder through the legacy file manager I still can't get the offending file deleted or change its name. The file name has " marks in it and the file extension also does as in .php" so I believe that is the problem. Can anyone tell me how to remove this file?

You will need to submit a support ticket so we may assist with resolving your issue in the file manager. You can do this from the link below. Please include the domain this is regarding so we will be able to assist. http://support.hostek.com/

Default Looking for ftp host specifics

Thanks. Doing this for a customer and I'm awaiting ftp credentials. Would you know how I might find the ftp host specifics for the ftp access and if the ftp credentials would be the same as the site log in credentials while I wait for the customer to get back to me?

Thanks will submit shortly.