Thread: How to set up CFMAIL

Default How to set up CFMAIL

I was using my own GMail account for outgoing mail on my web site, smtp.gmail.com. GMail's new two step verification process mucked up that process. I need to use my own domain name on hostek.com for sending mail from my web site. I have tried a bunch of settings but can't get it to work.

I can successfully send and receive mail to this account: [email protected]

Is there anything wrong with the settings below that would prevent me from using sending email from my web site hosted on hostek.com? Here are my settings for my site:

<cfset mailAttributes = {
    server="mail.snap-fusion.com",
    username="[email protected]",
    password="FAKEPASSWORD",
    from="[email protected]",
    to="#AdminEmailList#",
    subject="Snap Fusion - New Lead!"
    }
    />

<cfmail port="465" useSSL="true" attributeCollection="#mailAttributes#" type="html">

</cfmail>

evikjames,

If you are going to use the server "mail.snap-fusion.com" you will need to use port 25 and SSL false as the SSL certificate for the mail server is not set for your domain name. If you need to use SSL you will need to use "mail12.hostek.com" for your server.

Default No Go

I changed my port to 25 and SSL to false. I still can't get it to work.

What can I try next?

You will need to submit a support ticket and will need to provide the steps to send the email message so we may track the email to see where the hang up is occurring. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected] or using filling in the form here.