Transferring to Hostek.com
Transferring hosting companies can be, and should be, easy if you follow the right steps and choose the right hosting company. You have made the correct choice in hosting companies, as we have many years experience in helping customers just like you transfer their hosting to us. We've created this easy-to-follow list for you to transfer your website to Hostek.com. If you need any additional help, or have any questions, please contact our Support Team by submitting a trouble ticket at http://support.hostek.com.

First, Sign up for hosting with Hostek.com
You can sign up via our plans pages listed below. Choose the hosting plan you want and then click order under the plan you would like. It usually takes us about an hour to get your plan set up on our network. If you have not received your account information within 6 hours, please contact us.

Windows / ASP / .NET Hosting - (To run .NET, ASP and DotNetNuke sites - also supports PHP)
Linux / cPanel Hosting - (blogs, osCommerce, Joomla, etc. via Fantastico within cPanel)
ColdFusion Hosting- (To run ColdFusion applications)

Hostek.com will email you once your plan is provisioned on our servers
We will send the account information about an hour after you order. These emails will provide you with your DNS information, account summary, and links to our Knowledge Base with helpful information to get your site up and running.

Upload your files, transfer any database, and create your email addresses
Upload your website files to the temporary ftp address we provided, transfer any database, and create your email addresses from within the control panel. After uploading your site, you can test your site by typing in your temporary site address into your browser to be sure everything is working prior to pointing your domain us.

Update your domain’s DNS settings
Once you have tested your site, contact your domain name registrar and change your DNS settings to the Name Servers we provided in the New Account email. Your registrar is the company you purchased your domain name from. You’ll replace your existing primary and secondary name servers with the ones we provided you in the new account email. This change will take about 12 to 48 hours to propagate throughout the internet.

Wait for your domain to propagate (approximately 12-48 hours)
While your domain propagation is taking effect, some will see your site on our servers and others will see the site on your old host. This will prevent any downtime. In order to receive mail from both locations, you will need to check email from both hosts. You can simply use our web mail interface to get the email that is sent to our servers during this transition.

Cancel with your previous host
After the site is pointing to us, you can go and cancel the hosting account you have at your previous host.

Transfer your domain name (optional)
If you would like to transfer your domain and consolidate your registration and web hosting to one source, you can request to transfer the domain. The domain transfer itself costs NOTHING; we simply add one year of registration onto the expiration date for $10.00 for the common .TLD's. After that, you will able to renew your domain name at the same great price.

Frequently asked questions

Will I see any downtime when I transfer hosting of my website to Hostek.com?
If you follow the steps above, you should not see any downtime when you transfer hosting to us.

During the transition, it is best to continue service with your old hosting provider until your domain name has been completely propagated and is pointing to Hostek.com's servers.

Will Hostek.com transfer my domain name registration?
Any registrar that you would like to use or are currently utilizing is compatible with Hostek.com. However, if you would like us to manage both your hosting plan and domain name , it can be transferred conveniently by following the last check list option above.

What if I don't want to transfer my domain registration?
You do not have to transfer your existing domain name to Hostek.com to host with us. You can change your primary and secondary domain name servers on your own schedule as we cannot modify any settings with your registrar. If you need help with this, please contact support and provide the login information to the current registrar.