PDA

View Full Version : Sub-domain access

drdwilcox
March 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Hello,

I added a new subdomain to my site (mypeoplematter.com) named m, and in the WCP control panel I set the new sub-domain to point to the folder wwwroot/mobile. I can access the folder directly: www.mypeoplematter.com/mobile, but when I attempt to navigate using m.mypeoplematter.com, my browser asks me for a username and password. I am using ASP.NET 4 for my site, and I have set permissions for the file correctly in my web.config (obviously, since I can get to the file directly).

Any ideas what other configuration step I am missing?

Thanks,

Don

chrisd
March 7th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Don,

The .net version for your subdomain has been changed to .net 4. I have also removed the /mobile from your default.aspx page as this was not needed due to the file it was calling being directly within the directory.

If you have any other issues please contact us at "support.hostek.com".

Thnaks,
Chris D

drdwilcox
March 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Is this something I could have done myself? I will be setting up further sub-domains and don't want to unnecessarily involve support each time.

Also, what do you mean when you say " I have also removed the /mobile from your default.aspx page as this was not needed due to the file it was calling being directly within the directory."

Thank you

Don,

The .net version for your subdomain has been changed to .net 4. I have also removed the /mobile from your default.aspx page as this was not needed due to the file it was calling being directly within the directory.

If you have any other issues please contact us at "support.hostek.com".

Thnaks,
Chris D

Cameron L
March 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Yes, you can change ASP.NET versions in WCP, under the "ASP.NET Settings" section, even for sub-domain.

Chris found an error afterwards relating to default.aspx file trying to call file in the /mobile folder, but that file actually existed in the root folder, so it was corrected.

-Cameron