PDA

View Full Version : Insight into how PEAR modules are organized

conor
August 8th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I know that on your CP Linux boxes you have PHP PEAR modules available. I'm consistently finding that the way they're setup on your servers differs from the default installation I have locally on my Mac - (that's obviously not to suggest that one or the other is incorrect). For example it seems that QuickForm and Common are in a directory called HTML. I was wondering if there was a way to get some visibility into the hierarchy supported on the Hostek servers so that I may re-configure my local dev environment to mirror your configuration. That would make uploading to Hostek easier on me and potentially other developers that start locally.

Thank you for providing this great forum.

Max
August 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Conor,
We don't have any kind of chart, or structure layout for those. They are setup by cPanel.

PEAR Module installation is done through cPanel, once you login, go to PHP PEAR Packages.
From that page, you can view installed packages, search/browse for packages and install packages.

They are titled based on their directory structure. So for "HTML_QuickForm", QuickForm would be under the "HTML" directory.

If this doesn't help, please expound on the question.