Thread: CFSCHEDULE Task Stopped Working at Midnight

wyseguy79 Guest

Default CFSCHEDULE Task Stopped Working at Midnight

Just curious if anyone has had a similar problem or knows a quick fix to the problem I have having with a scheduled task stopping at the stroke of midnight the next day.

In my code i have the following

<cfschedule
    action="update"
    task="AutomatedMessage"
    interval="1800"
    url="URL"
    startdate="9/4/10"
    starttime="10:00 am"
    operation="httprequest">

The code worked flawlessly all day until midnight hit and I got the last automated message. It sends me an email every 30 min with some simple information, so this is how I was able to determine that it stopped. Just wanted to see if there had been any similar results or a solution out there.

Thanks guys!

Default support ticket

Hi,

We'd be glad to check into this further if you submit a support ticket or email us at support.hostek.com. We'll need to check details in the server to narrow down this issue. Please include the full URL to your CFSchedule script so we can troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

Jake

wyseguy79 Guest

Thanks for the offer. I am not quite to that point, I like to bother you guys as a last resort!

Right now, I think it has something to do with the fact that I set the schedule to start at 10am. As 10am came around today and it started sending me the email again. I am curious to watch it for another day to see if it does indeed shut down at midnight and waits till 10am to kick back on.

If I cant figure it out, I will fill out a support ticket and inquire within.

I noticed in your sample above you did not specify an endDate. Try adding that, otherwise, every day at 10am it will pick back up like you noticed. Without the endDate I believe it will stop at midnight.

wyseguy79 Guest

Brian, I didn't put an endDate because I don't want it to end... What do you suggest for a scenario where I don't want it to end?

You can use 12/31/2099 for the endDate which would accomplish the same task.

It should also be noted that you should also set the starttime attribute close to 12:00 (ie, 12:01-12:10) if you plan on having the task run continuously.